Neo-Classical Mansion and 2 Smaller Homes in Downtown Historical District of Murfreesboro
Larry Sims 615-300-8321
A once in a lifetime opportunity to own a piece of history – a unique property that features a Neo-Classical Mansion and Two Smaller Homes in the Downtown Historic District of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
This spectacular three-story, four bedroom, four bath mansion was built in 1913 by the illustrious Darrow family who wanted a home suitable for entertaining guests at their frequent lavish parties. A home that would be closer to the center of town than their house at Oaklands Plantation, which they had owned since 1884. The primary residence includes 7,468 square feet of living space with a portico, carport, and a full basement. The mansion sits on a sprawling 1.3 acre lot which it shares with a 1,000 square foot brick converted carriage house with a garage and storage; a 1,700 square foot Early Victorian cottage; and a .27 acre vacant lot.
- 450 East Main St. in Downtown Historic District
- 1.3 +/- AC Total in Four Parcels Selling Together: 3 Homes &Empty Lot
- Expansive Multi-Building Complex Ideal for Entertaining and Large Gatherings
- Recent Owners have significantly updated/upgraded home’s systems.
- 0.5 Miles from Murfreesboro Town Square
- – Primary Residence on .59 +/- AC (Parcel 1)
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Full Bathroooms and 2 Half Bathrooms
- 4 Fireplaces
- Oak Flooring Throughout
- Elevator Access to All Floors
- Several Venetian Chandeliers
- Custom Bar on the Third Floor
- Spacious Patios and Gardens
- Recently Updated Modern Kitchen with Modern Appliances
- Full Basement
CARRIAGE HOUSE on .21 +/- AC (Parcel 2)
- 1,100 +/- SF Brick Ranch Home at 114 South Highland
- Converted from Original Carriage House Providing Unique Character
- One Bedroom, One Bath
VICTORIAN COTTAGE on .20 +/- AC (Parcel 3)
- 1,743 +/- SF Early Victorian at Highland and Vine
- Three Bedroom, Three Bath
.27 +/- AC EMPTY LOT (Parcel 4)
- Open Land Allows for Further Expansion/Development
- Utilities: Information to Come
- Schools: Information to Come
Contact Larry Sims at 615-300-8321 or Sims Commercial at 615-893-5252
FROM I-24, TAKE EXIT 81 ONTO SOUTH CHURCH ST.
TOWARDS TOWN. PROCEED TO DOWN TOWN SQUARE
TO RIGHT ON E. MAIN ST. HOUSE WILL BE ON THE
FOURTH BLOCK ON THE RIGHT.
Contact: Larry Sims